Health Data Governance
State law governs the collection, analysis and dissemination of health data. This includes both language adopted by the legislature and rules adopted by the Utah Department of Health and Human Services.
The state laws that apply to our activities are found in Title 26, Chapter 33a of the Utah Code: Utah Code (Laws)
The rules that apply can be found in Title R428:
R428-1 Health Data Plan and Incorporated Documents
- Documents related to the collection, analysis, and dissemination of data covered in this title.
R428-2 Health Data Authority Standards for Health Data
- Definitions, requirements, and general guidelines relating to the collection, control, use, and release of data pursuant to Title 26, Chapter 33a, Utah Health Data Authority Act.
R428-5 Appeal and Adjudicative Proceedings
- Procedures used by the Utah Health Data Committee for its adjudicative proceedings.
R428-10 Health Data Authority Healthcare Facility Data Reporting Rule
- Requirements for healthcare facilities to submit data to the Utah Department of Health and Human Services.
R428-12 Health Data Authority Survey of Enrollees in Health Plans
- Process for collecting enrollee satisfaction data from Utah carriers (CAHPS) that needed to promote informed consumer choice in plan selection and measure the quality of care provided to enrollees of Utah carriers.
R428-13 Health Data Authority. Audit and Reporting of Health Plan Performance Measures
- Process for collecting< Healthcare Effectiveness Data and Information Set (HEDIS) measures from Utah carriers that are needed to promote informed consumer choice in plan selection and measure the quality of care provided to enrollees of Utah carriers.
R428-15 Health Data Authority Health Insurance Claims Reporting
- Requirements for certain entities that pay for health care to submit APCD data to the Utah Department of Health and Human Services.